Basic Adjectives .
Here is a vocabulary containing some important adjectives:
- Bra always has the same form (oh yeah, true, a funny word for English speakers).
- Adjectives ending with -lig do not get the -t suffix. The same rule is for some other words, like glad (happy) and all adjectives ending with -e.
- Adjectives ending with two equal consonants lose one of them when they get the -t suffix (stygg – stygt).
- Adjectives ending with a vowel do not get -e suffix, and get -tt instead of the normal -t suffix.
- The adjective liten is conjugated like this:
Indefinite Definite Indefinite Definite liten (m), lita (f), lite (n) lille små små The colors Here are the names of some of the colors in Norwegian:
The colors are also adjectives, so when you describe a noun with a color, you must remember the suffixes. For example:
Et rødt hus = A red house Grønne baller = Green balls